Pelican House is a thatched upcountry cottage. It has an open plan living and dining room with a huge fireplace, and a separate equipped kitchen. Three bedrooms of which two open onto a covered veranda and a wooden deck extends out towards the dam and extensive views. Electricity comes from a quiet generator. There is house and garden staff available and security is provided. The grounds are maintained, a lawn and colorful gardens, surrounded by the natural bush.
As a safe and secure private sanctuary, the Ol Pejeta Conservancy can guarantee a hassle-free safari experience with amazing wildlife viewing on good all-weather roads. Ol Pejeta’s main gate is 14 kilometers from the equator turn off, just before Nanyuki town. Follow the signs. Pelican House is 8k further inside the Conservancy, ask the Guards.
- Three bedrooms each with a king size bed and soft duvets
- Two washrooms and one half bathrooms with oversize bathtubs and a small powder room
- Spacious living and dining room with sofas and large stone fireplace
- Cedar dining table with ten seats
- Writing tables under the windows facing Mount Kenya
- Traditional thatched roof overhead
- Four additional single beds are available
- Fridge / freezer available, as well as gas cooker
- Arrival time is 3pm and departure time is 10am, unless prior arrangement is made
- Please note that Pelican House is only accessible by 4WD vehicles during the rainy season