Kicheche Laikipia Camp
Kicheche Laikipia Camp is a small luxurious tented camp, nestled at the foot of indigenous forest overlooking a waterhole, in the centre of Ol Pejeta Wildlife Conservancy in Laikipia Near Mount Kenya
Location: Kicheche Laikipia Camp is a small luxurious tented camp, nestled at the foot of indigenous forest overlooking a waterhole, in the centre of the Ol Pejeta Conservancy. It’s twelve guests are hosted by the inimitable Andy and Sonja Webb.
Kicheche Laikipia camp consists of six luxurious tents The tents are custom designed and are fully insect-proof with en-suite bathrooms equipped with a dresser, flushing toilet and hot showers. There are comfortable chairs on each verandah overlooking the waterhole. One tent can be converted into a triple on request. There is a spacious well furnished lounge and dining tent, although we prefer to eat alfresco if weather permits.
Kicheche Laikipia offers a full selection of game-viewing activities including:
- Day Game Drives, Night Game Drives which focus on nocturnal species not seen on regular day drives.
- Interpretative Game Walks are another activity permitted on the Conservancy.
- There is also a Lion Tracking program which monitors the lions of the area
- A Horse Riding excursion
- Wildlife Educational Centre
- A visit to the Chimpanzee Sanctuary