KENYA CLASSIC SAFARI FLY- 7 DAYS, 6 NIGHTS – Asilfrom
- 3 nights Ol Pejeta Bush Camp,
- 3 nights Rekero, Masai Mara
STARTS: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, Kenya
ENDS: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, Kenya
START AND END NAIROBI JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
WILSON AIRPORT KAMOK and OL KIOMBO KENYA
Discover two of Kenya’s best safari destinations on this week-long flying safari. Explore the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, home to various pioneering conservation initiatives. Here you can seek out the Big 5, including three species of rhino (white, black and the last two northern white rhino on the planet). Fly onward to the heart of the Masai Mara, which boasts some of the best wildlife viewing in Africa, from the migration herds that visit the plains each year, to the plentiful resident wildlife year-round, which includes leopard, cheetah, lion and much more.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Small Group
DAY 1: Nairobi to OL Pejeta
On arrival at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met by an Our driver who will transfer you by private vehicle to the domestic airport, Wilson Airport. Fly from here to the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, 40-minutes away (15 kg luggage limit per person; soft bags required for all flights on this itinerary). A guide from Ol Pejeta Bush Camp will meet you at the airstrip and game drive you back to camp, where you can enjoy lunch and relax in the comfort of your tent overlooking the river. In the mid-afternoon, set off for a game drive to explore this wildlife-rich reserve, which is home to Kenya’s largest population of black rhino as well as the rest of the Big 5 species and plenty of unusual wildlife, too, including eland and Grevy’s zebra.
OL Pejeta highlights
- Wildlife: Three species of rhino, lion, leopard, buffalo, giraffe, elephant, hippo as well as rarer species including wild dog and Jackson’s hartebeest
- 300 bird species
- Safari activities: Game drives, night drives, visit to endangered species enclosure (northern white rhino), horse riding, mountain biking, community visit, canine anti-poaching unit visit, lion tracking with researcher
- Close to Mount Kenya — enjoy stunning views on a clear day
- Pioneering conservation initiatives
OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY
A simple, authentic tented camp in a prime position within Ol Pejeta Conservancy, on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River where hippos often splash, and elephants come to drink. The seven guest tents are spacious and comfortable, each with lounge chairs where you can relax with a good book or binoculars to watch the birdlife between game drives. Each tent also includes an en suite bathroom with hot bucket showers. There is a library/lounge area with fireplace, a communal dining area and plenty of comfortable seating areas. Many of the staff have worked here since the camp first opened and guests are truly welcomed into the family. The camp offers an ideal base for exploring this unique conservancy and learning more about the work being done to preserve endangered species.
OL PEJETA BUSH CAMP has 7 tents (including 1 family tent)
- Classic Camp.
- All tents have en suite bathrooms with indoor bucket showers.
- Simple but comfortable style.
- Communal dining.
- Excellent guiding and hosting.
DAYS 2 & 3: OL Pejeta Conservancy
Enjoy morning and afternoon guided activities with the knowledgeable safari experts at Ol Pejeta Bush Camp. Game drives allow you to cover good distances in search of the resident wildlife, perhaps counting how many rhinos you can see in a drive. Whilst these modern-day dinosaurs are a rarity across much of Africa, they are found in great numbers here. You will also visit the endangered-species enclosure on a drive one morning or afternoon, where the last two remaining northern white rhinos on Earth are found, meeting their rangers and learning about the work being done to save this sub-species.
DAY 4: Masai Mara Game Reserve -Kenya
After breakfast, you will be driven to the airstrip for your morning flight to the Masai Mara, a journey of approximately an hour, landing right in the heart of this world-famous reserve. A guide from Rekero will meet you here and game drive you back to camp, offering the perfect introduction to the vast savannah plains and stopping to watch any wildlife you encounter on the way. Settle into your tent and enjoy lunch and time to relax overlooking the Talek River, one of the two major river systems in the reserve, which runs right in front of camp. After afternoon tea and cake, head out on a game drive to search for big cats and other wildlife.
MASAI MARA – Highlights
- One of Africa’s most rewarding safari destinations with an excellent density and diversity of wildlife
- Part of the larger Masai Mara-Serengeti ecosystem where the 2 million-strong herds of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle make their Great Migration year-round
- Wildlife: Lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, hippo, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, hyena
- Safari activities: Game drives and hot-air ballooning (additional cost)
An iconic tented camp with a rich history, Rekero takes a prime position on the banks of the Talek River, where wildlife is often viewed right from the comfort of camp. There are nine spacious guest tents that balance the adventure of sleeping under canvas with plenty of modern comforts. The main lounge tent and vast deck offer the perfect vantage point from which to spot wildlife drinking at the river, as well as overlooking one of the main rivers crossing points when The Great Migration herds are in the reserve. The guides here are superb and know the best spots to seek out the many species found in the Masai Mara, as well as the history and stories of some of the big cats that frequent this corner of the reserve.
REKERO; 9 tents (including 2 family tents)
- Comfort Camp.
- An authentic, stylish tented camp,operating for more than 30 years.
- Located on the banks of the Talek River.
- Prime location for wildlife viewing year-round.
- All tents are en suite with hot showers.
- Private or communal dining.
DAYS 5 & 6: Masai Mara Game Reserve
Game drives from Rekero take place in the early to mid-morning and in the mid- to late afternoon, when wildlife is most active, offering the best sightings. The grassy plains are home to a wide range of species, from prides of lion to cheetah stalking their prey and hippos wallowing in muddy pools. There is never a dull moment in the Masai Mara. During the heat of the day, you will return to camp for a rest, lunch and, of course, the tradition of freshly baked cake and tea or coffee before your afternoon drive. Dinners are typically communal, sharing stories of your day’s adventures with other guests. Hot-air ballooning is also possible from here, at an additional cost (pre-booking recommended), offering a unique perspective on the landscapes and wildlife at sunrise.
DAY 7: Departure
Depart for the airstrip after your final breakfast in camp from where you will take the late morning flight back to Nairobi. Our guides will transfer you from here by private vehicle to the international airport, Jomo Kenyatta, where you can check-in for your international flight home.
1 – 30 Jun 2021, 1 Nov – 19 Dec 2021, 6 Jan – 31 Mar 2022
Per person Sharing = USD$ 5,151
Single Room stay == US$5891
Triple ========== US$4860
1 – 31 Oct 2021, 20 – 31 Dec 2021 & 1 – 5 Jan 2022
Per person Sharing == USD$ 5,980
Single Room stay === US$7,440
Triple =========== US$5,600
1 Jul – 30 Sep 2021
Per person Sharing = USD$ 6,131
Single Room stay == US$7,691
Triple ========== US$5,731
- All logistics starting and ending at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport,
- All light-aircraft flights within Kenya,
- All park fees and taxes, shared safari activities,
- All meals and house drinks on safari,
- Private road transfers between international and domestic airport in Nairobi and medical evacuation insurance.
- Walking Safaris: Rates include guided walking safaris with an armed ranger and park walking fees. The duration of the walk may vary.
- International flights to Kenya,
- Kenya entry visa, vaccinations, gratuities,
- Items of personal nature, |
- Additional lunch (picnic or in house) $25pp|
- Additional activities, (e.g. hot-air ballooning in Masai Mara).
- Private vehicles: Rates do not include the use of a private vehicle. Private vehicles with driver/guide can be booked at $350 per vehicle per day (min. 2 days)