7 Days | 6 nights-Kenya CLASSIC Pioneer Safari Luxury 1from
6 NIGHTS: 2 LOCATIONS LEWA & MASAI MARA
Lewa Wilderness sits within one of Kenya’s major private conservation success stories; the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. 62,000 acres of varied African terrain, overlooked by the magnificent Mount Kenya, has as good a wildlife experience as anywhere else in Africa. Lewa Wilderness is one of Kenya’s original private safari experiences and has been the Craig family home since 1972, where they proudly continue to entertain guests giving a totally unique and personal safari experience.
Natural springs, home-raised livestock, and a 5-acre organic garden is the source of the healthy and delicious cuisine served against the backdrop of passing herds of wildlife. The lodge has ten cottages tucked into the hillside overlooking Lewa’s Eastern Marania Valley, each luxuriously comfortable with the rustic character of a ranch homestead.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Small Group
DAY 1: Nairobi to LEWA WILDERNESS-Lewa Downs
Fly from Nairobi Wilson Airport directly to Lewa Downs. Met on arrival and transferred to Lewa Wilderness, enjoying a game drive en-route. Depending on your arrival time either enjoy lunch and an afternoon of discovering Lewa Conservancy, or enjoy sundowners followed by a candle-lit dinner.
DAY 2: LEWA WILDERNESS
Lewa Wilderness offers a myriad of activities by which to enjoy Lewa Conservancy, from traditional game drives to horse riding and camel safaris, or guided bush walks. Your meals are served in the Lodge while enjoying the picturesque views, or as a picnic while out enjoying all Lewa Conservancy has to offer.
DAY 3: Lewa Downs – LEWA WILDERNESS Laikipia
Today another action-packed day of discovery lies ahead. As well as activities bringing you closer to the wildlife, a visit “behind-the-scenes” of the Lewa Conservancy conservation activities gives you an insider perspective on protecting this precious eco-system. Or for a thrilling experience, enjoy a memorable scenic flight in the Waco Bi- Plane (extra cost).
DAY 4: Masai Mara Game Reserve-LITTLE GOVERNORS’ CAMP
Departure after breakfast, flying directly from Lewa Downs to the Masai Mara Game Reserve. Met on arrival and transfer directly to Little Governors’ Camp. A short game drive en route to the camp before an al fresco lunch in the camp. Embark on a thrilling afternoon game drive at 3:30pm and return in the dusk for drinks and chatter around the campfire, before your dinner. Fall asleep the
night-time chorus of the Masai Mara.
DAY 5: Masai Mara Game Reserve- LITTLE GOVERNORS’ CAMP
Embark on an early morning game drive at dawn, returning to the camp in your own time for a full hunter’s breakfast, served al fresco overlooking the waterhole. After breakfast there is the opportunity to take another game drive along the banks of the Mara River, or visit some of our responsible tourism community initiatives, or enjoy a unique cultural experience with a visit to a Masai Manyatta (village). After lunch, an afternoon game drive finishes with drinks around the camp fire and a scrumptious dinner.
DAY 6: Masai Mara Game Reserve- LITTLE GOVERNORS’ CAMP
Today, enjoy the incredible and surreal experience of a hot air balloon safari. Float over the Masai Mara landscape at sunrise, flying over the meandering Mara River and the open Savanna plains. Upon landing indulge in champagne bush breakfast, with a game drive back to camp completes an unforgettable experience.
DAY 7: Masai Mara to Nairobi
Enjoy a last early morning game drive, heading to the airstrip after breakfast. Clients are met on arrival at Wilson Airport and transferred to Carnivore or Talisman restaurant for lunch (payable direct), before final transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in time for the international flight departure, or alternative onward arrangements.
Jan 1st – 6th
Per Person Sharing =USD $ 7,182
Jan 7th – Feb 28th
Per Person Sharing =USD $ 6,213
March *Stay 3 pay 2 offer at Lewa
Per Person Sharing =USD $5,370
Per Person Sharing =USD $ 5,754
Per Person Sharing = USD $8,017
August 1st – September 15th
Per Person Sharing =USD $8,581
Sept 16th – Sept 30th
Per Person Sharing = USD $7,612
Per Person Sharing = USD $ 6,973
December 1st – Dec 15th *Stay 3 pay 2 offer at Lewa
Per Person Sharing = USD $5,342
Dec 16th – 19th *Stay 3 pay 2 offer at Lewa
Per Person Sharing =USD $ 6,721
Dec 20th – 31st
Per Person Sharing = USD $8,581
The above rates are inclusive of:
- flight from Wilson Airport to Lewa Downs
- 3 nights full board accommodation at Lewa Wilderness, Lewa Conservation fee,
- flight from Lewa Downs to Masai Mara,
- three nights full board accommodation at Little Governors’ Camp,
- Return flight from the Mara to Nairobi, and transfer to the Carnivore or Talisman restaurant from Wilson Airport and onward to JKIA.
PRICES ARE A GUIDELINE ONLY AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Lewa Wilderness includes:
- Shared game drives and guided walks.
- Horse riding. Camel Walks.
- Pre-Historic site visits. Community crafts & visits to selected villages and schools.
Visits to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy HQ (educational talks, school or project visits and much more).
- Airstrip transfers, laundry, soft drinks, beer house spirits and wine.
Lewa Wilderness excludes:
- Champagne, premium spirits, Cellar wines.
- Visits to the aerial walkway in the Ngare Ndare Forest (entrance fees $55 adult, $35 children extra and payable direct).
- Visit to Il’Ngwesi cultural boma (entrance fee $40 and payable direct).
- Scenic bi-plane flights are US $ 1,300 (NETT) per hour. Up to two passengers, subject to availability and payment direct to the lodge.
Little Governors’ Camp includes:
- Full board accommodation,
- Drinking water.
- All game drives, visit to Masai Village (entrance fee of $25pp payable direct),
- Visit to community activities, transfers to and from our airstrip, laundry, hot air balloon safari.
Little Governors’ Camp excludes:
- Drinks, payable direct.
- Walking safaris and bush meals available from Little Governors’ Camp and payable as extras.
EXTRAS PAYABLE FOR THIS SAFARI
The extras payable include personal purchases, dinner at the Carnivore or Talisman restaurant and all gratuities.
- Masai Mara park fees, hot air balloon flight, $500 per person